MINUTES JRA 2013-14 Annual General Meeting
Westside Church; Saturday, 28 June, 2014.
Attendance: 37 members and guests with 15 apologies.
- President welcomed all and thanked Westside Church of Christ again for use of church hall
- Minutes 2012-13 read. Moved Bruce Carey. Seconded John Ferguson Passed unanimously
- Presidents abbreviated Report – refer to website.
- Extracts from Mt Ommaney Shopping Centre Management letter was relayed and placed on website.
- Model Rule additions – sub clauses 4a, 4b and 5 of clause 6 (classes of members) were moved by John Ferguson - Seconded by Michael Farlow - Passed unanimously.
- Treasurer’s report read. Moved by Andrea Crouch - Seconded by Carol.
- Grant Witheridge gave brief history on the working life of Bruce Carey.
- Bruce Carey was nominated for Life Membership of JRA. Moved by John Ferguson - Seconded by Murray McLennan - passed unanimously.
- Brad Butcher gave presentation of proposed future working relationship between Darra
- Community Group and JRA. Also spoke about “The Darra Street Festival” on Fri. 17th October and JRA’s involvement in conducting raffle.
- Hydrologist Grant Witheridge delivered a 45 minute presentation on “Living on the Brisbane River’. Question and Answer session followed. See website for full presentation.
- Grant Witheridge was presented with gift voucher and Appreciation Certificate.
- Discussion on JRA – FRA Action Plan. Moved by W Williams Seconded by A Crouch that Plan be included in charter of JRA. Passed unanimously.